Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Constancy of a Dream

Is this a dream that has graced my thoughts? Or is it a nightmare in disguise? I pray that it is a dream because I have come to embrace it. I have blindly embraced it with no questions asked. Granted, that probably isn’t the most intelligent thing to do. But I could not stop the comforting arms that lulled me to sleep. When I awoke, I no longer knew dreams from reality. It doesn’t matter. I will be happy in this place. This place-where smiles are constant and laughter is common. This place-where pain and despair are the subjects of fictional stories. I cannot wish to stay here. It is not a proper wish. How can we know happiness in the absence of sadness? How can we know joy in the absence of pain? How can we understand what we have gained if we cannot see what we’ve lost? No, I can’t stay here. This is not life. It is death. This dream is death because it is static. It never moves. That is the constancy that will surely kill me. I can’t stay here. I won’t stay here. I will break the spell of this dream with reality. I refuse to end my life with the static of constancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment