Saturday, February 27, 2010

Balancing the Scales

I was looking at quotes the other day, which is something I do when I run out of interesting things to say on my facebook status, and I came across this one from Hubert Humphrey:

"Life's unfairness is not irrevocable; we can help balance the scales for others, if not always for ourselves."

It seemed like a good quote so I made it my facebook status. However, when I was on facebook earlier today, I read it. It has occurred to me that I have become increasingly me oriented as of late. I don't really know how or when it happened, but that's usually not a good thing. I end up on this 'poor me' stint. You know.....the one where you're like "life's so unfair" or "why can't I catch a break".....blah blah. Yeah, not a good thing. That quote reminded me that life sucks sometimes, big deal. You live, learn, move on, and pass on what you've learned to other people. That's how you help balance the scales for others. You pass on what you've learned from previous life experiences so others don't have to go through what you've been through.

Profound? Insightful? not really. Just a reminder that we can cushion the blows of life's unfairness for others. Who knows...if everyone helps another person, someone might just help balance the scales of your life once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment